The Academy of the Sacred Heart is governed by a volunteer Board of Trustees, comprised of both lay trustees and members of the Religious of the Sacred Heart. All trustees are elected by the full board. The board is charged with advancing the mission of the Academy and maintaining its essential character and integrity as set forth in the Goals and Criteria for Sacred Heart Schools. In general, the board has the responsibility and authority to:
- Develop and adopt policies for the operation of the Academy
- Monitor the financial health, programs and overall performance of the Academy
- Articulate and update the Academy’s strategic direction and long-range plan
- Provide the Head of School with the resources needed to serve Academy constituencies
- Hire and evaluate the Head of School
Five standing committees and numerous task teams support the work of the full board. Each committee is comprised of dedicated individuals who generously share their talents and gifts in support of the board and the strategic work of the Academy. Committee members are solicited at-large and interested parties may submit a profile to ASH-COT@ash1818.org using the form below. The Committee on Trustees considers interested candidate profiles and selects new members based on the current needs of each committee and in alignment with the Academy’s strategic intent. Committee membership is for a one-year term, renewable annually at the discretion of the Committee on Trustees.
Thank you for your interest. Candidates will be contacted by a member of the Committee on Trustees.