The Academy of the Sacred Heart, a member of the Network of Sacred Heart Schools, is a Catholic, independent coeducational school for children ages 3 through Grade 8 located in historic Saint Charles, MO. Drawing from the strength of the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart Education, the Academy endeavors to educate and inspire the heart and mind of each child to become a courageous and confident leader who knows and loves God, and who reveals that love by serving others.Why a career at the Academy?
Some of the Academy’s benefits:
- Medical (Academy pays 60% of employee only coverage)
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO (Standard Plan)
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO (Premier Plan)
- Dental & Vision (Academy pays 60% of employee only coverage)
- Life/AD&D/Long Term Disability
- $50,000 life insurance policy
- $50,000 AD&D policy
- Long term disability coverage
- Tuition Remission
- Continuing Education
- Employer contribution – 5% of W-2 earnings (no employee contribution required)
- Auto contributions available
- Annual retirement education meetings
- Personal/Sick/Vacation days
- Dependent on faculty/staff position and varies based on number of years of service
Academy of the Sacred Heart provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to their age, color, disability status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or any other class protected by state or federal law. As a Catholic school in the Sacred Heart tradition, Academy of the Sacred Heart reserves the right to use religion as a hiring criterion for selected positions, as permitted by law. Employment offers are contingent on the satisfactory outcome of a standard background screening.
Available Positions:Coordinator of Events, Hospitality & Alumni Functions
Coordinator of Events, Hospitality & Alumni Functions — Academy of the Sacred Heart, Saint Charles MO
The Academy of the Sacred Heart, a member of the Network of Sacred Heart Schools, is a Catholic, independent coeducational school for children ages 3 through Grade 8 located in historic Saint Charles, MO. Drawing from the strength of the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart Education, the Academy endeavors to educate and inspire the heart and mind of each child to become a courageous and confident leader who knows and loves God, and who reveals that love by serving others.
The Coordinator of Events, Hospitality & Alumni Functions provides leadership for and manages all aspects of the Academy’s major fundraising events (Golf Tournament, Fall Festival, Trivia Night and Dinner Auction). Serves as liaison for the Mothers’ and Fathers’ Clubs. Manages the hospitality set-up and takedown for internal functions such as Donuts with Dads, Muffins with Moms, Blessing of the Animals, Grand Friends day and other community building functions. Serves as liaison to the Alumni Committee to help facilitate events sponsored and organized by the Committee. S/he would be a member of the Advancement Team and collaborate with fellow team members, faculty, staff, administration and volunteers on various aspects of events.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 1-2 years Advancement, especially Special Events, experience
- a Bachelor’s degree
- experience in management of volunteers
- excellent organizational skills
- strong oral and written communication skills
- ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with many levels of coworkers, donors and volunteers
- personal integrity
- ability to engage with the community, build relationships, be friendly
- comfortable soliciting event sponsorships and auction items
- initiative and confidence
- proficiency in MS Office
- ability to prioritize and multi-task
- willing to take on new projects
- availability of occasional evenings and weekends prior to, the day of and post events.
Compensation includes competitive benefits and salary commensurate with experience.
Applicants of diverse, underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should complete the online employment application via the Academy of the Sacred-Heart-Saint Charles website (ash1818.org). As part of the online application, please upload a resume, list of references and cover letter addressed to David Dunn, Development Director, all in PDF format.
Substitute Teacher — Academy of the Sacred Heart, Saint Charles MO
The Academy of the Sacred Heart, an independent, private, Catholic school in Saint Charles, MO, invites applications for a Substitute Teacher in Primary School, Lower School, and Middle School. Ideal candidates should have a minimum of 60 semester hours from an accredited college or university and a strong desire to work with children. Substitute pay is $100 for a full day.
Rooted in the spirituality of the Society of the Sacred Heart of Jesus (RSCJ) and in the evolving tradition of the Roman Catholic Church, the Academy continues to embrace an educational approach that values the integration of the physical, cognitive, emotional, and spiritual dimensions of our students. From this perspective,
We educate and inspire the heart and mind of each child to become a courageous and confident leader who knows and loves God and who reveals that love by serving others.
Once hired, Academy faculty members are expected to familiarize themselves with and live the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart Education.
Other Professional Expectations:
- Demonstrate a sincere passion for working with students
- Maintain a well-managed classroom and positive learning environment
- Follow teacher’s lesson plans in a way that ensures consistency and optimal learning
- Assign classwork and homework in full accordance of lesson plans
- Use a variety of teaching strategies to fit the learning styles of various students and grade levels
- Supervise students in the classroom, hallways, cafeteria, playground/break and during dismissal
- Possess the ability to inspire students to learn
- Utilize and integrate technology to enhance teaching and learning
- Communicate effectively with colleagues
- Possess the ability to inspire students to be in relationship with God and grow in their life of prayer
- Motivate students to live lives consistent with their values and beliefs
- Demonstrate competence in, or desire to grow in, the charism of the Society of the Sacred Heart
Please send a letter stating personal interest in this faculty position and a resume to:
Mrs. Julie Saville
Accounting Supervisor/Human Resources
619 N. Second Street
Saint Charles, MO 63301
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER