On Monday, we welcomed our students back on campus for in person learning for the first time since March. We joyfully began our 2020-2021 school year!The health and well-being of our students, faculty and staff is our top priority so we spend the summer establishing the following protocols for our return to school.
- Classrooms have been rearranged so that students are seated six feet apart facing forward.
- HEPA filters have been placed in each classroom.
- Ionization foggers will be used at the end of each day in each classroom to disinfect surfaces.
- Water fountains are being replaced by touch-less bottle re-filling stations.
- Touch-less thermometers will be used to check each person’s temperature as they enter the building.
- UV Lights will be installed in the cafeteria and gymnasium.
- Stairs have been designated as “Up Only” or “Down Only” to help mitigate the flow of traffic.
- An isolation room has been established for anyone who presents symptoms during the school day.
- Portable ionization units have been placed in the main office, isolation room and nurse’s office.
This upcoming school year may be unlike anything we have experienced but our dedication to the mission of St. Rose Philippine Duchesne to educate and inspire the heart and mind of each child is stronger than ever!