Philippine Windows in Cribbin Hall

Mr. John Storjohann, Computer Teacher at ASH and an amateur photographer, recently photographed each of the windows in Cribbin Hall. Following St. Philippine Duchesne’s beatification in 1940, these nine beautiful windows were designed by liturgical stained glass artist Emil Frei and installed in the chapel in the years that followed. Collectively, they tell the life story of our sainted foundress. [After the Shrine was completed in the late 1950s, the chapel space was used for other purposes, eventually becoming Cribbin Hall library in 1981.

 

Share: