A message from Mr. Horner…
“Are you going to be at Country Fair?” The question rings out often on campus this week as the excitement for Country Fair builds. Tents are up, booths are being constructed, decorations are being placed, and colorful pumpkins line the halls. I join our students in my excitement for this weekend and look forward to seeing our fields, rides, and games overflow with people.
We are indeed blessed here at our school, and our blessings are too large and numerous to count. However, our culture of gratitude invites us to appreciate:
- Our Chairs, Amber and Jamie Westerson, and Co-Chairs, Louise and Phil Kuhlmann. Their dedication, hard work, and leadership are exemplary.
- Our many Committee Chairs who have worked tirelessly and creatively to bring the vision of Country Fair to life.
- The support of our community, from buying raffle tickets to volunteering to joining us this weekend.
- Our sponsors and donors for their generous support.
- Our faculty and staff for their support, from tickets to set-up and all things between.
- Colleen Leahy, Special Events Coordinator, for her planning and attention to a myriad of details, along with assistance from Cindy Johnson, Director of Advancement and Amelia Gorman, Database Coordinator.
- Adam Nelson for set-up preparations and behind the scene support.
I am humbled by the kindness of our volunteers who invest so much of themselves in creating a great Country Fair – the Best Country Fair Ever!
Our sense of community is created and fostered by traditions such as Country Fair. I hear graduates and past parents speak of their life-long friendships that began here and are renewed and continued at Country Fair. We look forward to welcoming Academy families and friends–past, present, and future–to Country Fair!