Be Part of the Heart Open House
Sunday, February 11 | 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Don’t miss Be Part of the Heart Open House, a showcase of Academy learning in action! Spend the afternoon touring our beautiful campus, participating in classroom activities and meeting current Academy families.
Our faculty are creating many fun activities for all ages:
- “Part of the Heart” play dough fun with a special treat to take home
Plant a radish seed to take home and watch it grow!
- Make your own Valentine’s-themed crafts:
- Lovebug magnets and heart headbands
- Bookmarks (origami, heart shaped, Cricket, straight, etc.)
- Beaded bracelets
- Color by number 3D animal craft
- Super Bowl Scramble: students will unscramble words related to the Super Bowl. With each correct word their team will move further down the field to score a touchdown!
- Make your own Super Bowl Swag for either the Kansas City Chiefs or the San Francisco 49ers. Win a prize by guessing the winning team and score of the Super Bowl!
- Experience our Makerspace with Astronaut Glove Box, Marble Paper Rollercoaster & Hexbug Arenas, plus building with LEGO.
Create a “Heart in Hand” collage with a variety of mixed media.
Try a variety of coding activities with themes from Frozen, MineCraft and Star Wars! Students will also be able to explore 3D modeling and watch student models as they print.
Students and parents are welcome to participate in a LOVE themed karaoke time and sing traditional Valentine songs. Show your talents through singing, dancing, or playing instruments in the music room. The choir will perform at noon in the cafeteria.
- Games in the Gymnasium
- Super Bowl snacks
- Engaging alumni panel: alums currently in high school will share their perspectives on their Academy education!